Sign in to follow this  

FS-Import and problems with scenery

Hello, I am fly with Fly 2 and import fs scenery with FSI 1.02, a great program for the fly comunity, but I hace any problems:- The scenery generated not is solid, a example, if I want to takedown with a helicopter in a top building it is not solid and the helicopter go down to the level gound.- The scenery not can edit with CTRL E ?? for the moved areas.- The trees have seen strange, not seen transparent.(please me my english language). - Other things what have been in next release is support the terrain meshes and dinamic scenery.Greetings and thanks in advance to Padraic for FSI and Rich Harvey for you great simulation.:-rotor

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am generally a MS Flightsim user, however, I did buy FLY!2 after Christmas because of Terraserver and the FS2FLY!2 Scenery program.I have several Addon Sceneries in FS2002. I tried converting them without success. FSI 1.02 did convert some taxiway signs addon scenery at KLAX. It did place the signs, albeit some right in the middle of the taxiway exits, at KLAX.I am wondering if FSI may have problems with the DXT compressed format textures or possibly with the new floating-point commands used by FS2002.I am also unsure of the syntax used for adding additional texture folders other than the main texture folder. Is the following correct: H:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBCitiesAirportTexture

Hi !About the first thing you are right, they are usuallynot solid. I don't think that this problem is causedby Fly! itself, because it is the same in FS2002, i.emany addons are not solid at all. For instance, I havedownloaded bridges that you can't land on - you are goingright through them.Best regards Bj

I have found this too, but Padraig is treating this as an ongoing venture with FS imp and trying to sort out these little problems as we find them. You never know whats up his sleeve. ;-)

>I have several Addon Sceneries in FS2002. I tried >converting them without success. FSI 1.02 did convert some >taxiway signs addon scenery at KLAX. It did place the >signs, albeit some right in the middle of the taxiway exits, >at KLAX. >>I am wondering if FSI may have problems with the DXT >compressed format textures or possibly with the new >floating-point commands used by FS2002. >>I am also unsure of the syntax used for adding additional >texture folders other than the main texture folder. Is the >following correct: >> H:Program FilesMicrosoft >GamesFS2002SCENEDBCitiesAirportTexture I haven't had many problems converting scenery but I have encountered just a few that would not convert. Simflyer's DFW is one. All I wind up with are jetways. Since others have converted DFW, I'm not sure what the answer is. I'm not sure of your question so I appologize if my answer is wrong but it is not necessary to add any folders to make FSimports work if you already have FS2K2 on your HD. You just need to be sure you have the scenery active in FS2K2 and point FSimports to the scenery.cfg file and also to bglzip. I don't think you create folders for 3rd party scenery under the scenerydb folder. Most scenery makers have you make a folder for your scenery area under the main scenery folder. You then create two new folders called scenery and texture that you unzip the scenery and texture files into. For example my converted Houston IAH scenery looks like this in FS2K2:D:Program filesmicrosoft gamesFS2002sceneryhoustontexturesD:Program filesmicrosoft gamesFS2002sceneryhoustonsceneryDean Karis

I dont have Fligh Simulator, then the scenery in FS not solid? or only any Addons? How is the diference betwen are solid or no solid?Thanks