Sign in to follow this  

C4TO and latest patch Problem

Once again you are correct Randall (-: After my post, I set up a flight from Brisbane(YBBN) to Sydney (YSSY), started C4TO, checked in with CD, then Ground Control and lo and behold, frequency was 121.70 not 121.80.I don't see a foot in mouth icon in the Smilie lookup table...hmmm. Maybe that's a good thing cause I would be using it too much. :-lol Happy Flying,Robert

Tony,Just checking on some things...Is C4TO the only script you're running?What versions of Flyscripts! and C4TO are installed?If the above items are correct, you might want to download and install a fresh copy of Flyscripts! and C4TO and reinstall them before starting over with Fly!II.

Randall Rocke

Robert,No problem, I've been working with C4TO a long time and... slowly, but surely, I've picked up on some things.Here's a brand new one:I flew into Fort Worth, Texas (KFTW) for the first time in Fly!II last night, as I had just downloaded and installed Allen Kriesman's version of this airport and wanted to try it out. C4TO assigned me the absolute correct runway for both windage and length, as I was flying the Hawker, 34R.C4TO gave me proper vectors for the runway, But totally out of position to the airport! It vectored me as if I was landing on 34R (bearings) but as to a non-existent runway about 5 miles north of the airport! It was as if it was trying to land me on the opposite end (16L), but with bearings for RWY 34R???I cancelled IFR, then circled back and attempted to fly the published approach, whereupon I discovered I had one of those situations in Fly! where opposing approaches had the same frequency and the result was messed up localizers (pointing the opposite direction, out of alignment and no glideslope).Since the weather was clear and I had the runway in sight, I shot a visual approach. As I approached the runway threshold, I was shocked to see that the "name" of 34R was...16L! Talk about a mess! I doublechecked the aircraft heading and I was bearing 344 degrees - I felt like I was in the Bermuda Triangle! (-: Well, it turns out this airport is a real mess: 34R is set as 16L, 16L is set as 34R, 09 is set as 27, and 27 is set as 09. This also means the localizers are totally screwed, as each side is aligned with proper headings (but to the opposite runway). The approaches are probably screwed by interference also, but until I correct the runways, we won't know how much. I'll correct all the runways and fix up the localizers, then post the fixes to Avsim - this airport is too nice not to be able to use normally. I'm kind of surprised that Allen put together such a nice package, yet never noticed the runways and localizers were all screwed up - I'm also surprised that no one ever posted on this.What this all means as far as C4TO is concerned is that the program is even more sophisticated than I thought. It tried to vector me for a Runway 34 approach, but went to the other side of the airport, as it had apparently read the runway I.D. from the Fly!II database that was misassigned to the opposite end. :-lol

Randall Rocke

God I love this community!Thanks Randall!

RandallWhew, sounds like a real mess. If anyone can straighten this out, I know you can.Ditto Malbeuf!Regards,Robert

Randall, my only script is C4TO and it is the latest version.I am at work now so I don't have the exact version number, I think it is 2.0. It used to work just fine before the patch, something must have happened during the patching.I will try as your suggestion and install a fresh copy of Flyscripts! and C4TO.thanks,Tony

Guest Henri W

Tony, Malbeuf,For some reason you sometimes have to tune COM2 instead of COM1. However, the radio you have to use will remain the same for the complete session. I have no idea what determines the radio you have to use for C4TO and why it changes.Best regards,Henri