Sign in to follow this  

Stars in Night Sky?

Curtis, Hmmmmmm Ok thats weird. If your using a PC,Im using a PC. It could be something different in graphic cards maybe. I see the stars at any level of zoom I choose. As far as Joel's problem goes. It may be a Mac related issue. I'm sure some of the other Mac users will read this and help him out. Yeah the cresent moon showing up is pretty neat. It's programed to show the actual phases anytime of the year. Nice little touch. I just thought of something. The developers were able to show lightening when its raining. I wonder if they could program meteor showers throughout the year? Looks like my Astronomy interests are showing Eh? :-rollTonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Guest product

Great suggestion on the zoom factor, but unfortunately it didn't work. Glad it solved your star problem, though!I think it may be a Mac issue... have heard from a few other Mac users that don't get stars. Would like to hear from any who do see them and find out what there setup is!Joel

G'day Curtis,Just poking my nose in on this very interesting topic. You should be seeing stars even at the higher zoom factors but you may have to pan around a bit as you are seeing a much smaller section of the universe. Also try setting up at night and then just tap the T key to advance time 0.5 hours and you can see the stars also move across the heavens.Get a sextant and you could navigate by the stars in Fly!II. :-lolWhat a sim. :-)Cheers,Roger