Sign in to follow this  

Fly 2k & 2 plane compatablitity

Is it possable to use fly 2 planes in 2k?? All I have found out sofar is that most dont work, but that the ones that do are based on the planes that come with fly 2k.I only have fly 2k, but would it be ossable to convert the fly 2 planes to 2k format so t will work?Thanks in advance:)Chris

Chris,I am not aware of any Fly!II aircraft being compatible with 2K. They are really coded differently - a necessity for all the improvements and new capabilities TRI wanted Fly!II aircraft to have.What version do you have 2K patched to, and, if you don't mind, how about listing the aircraft you have? We may be able to suggest some aircraft that you don't have or weren't aware of for 2K or a version thereof.

Randall Rocke

I am just using Fly 2k "as is"-"from the box".I also have all the planes that come with the game: piper malibu mirage, Cessna skyhawk 172R, Beekcraft king air 200, Raytheon hawker 800XP & Piper Navajo 350 chieftain. Also working but downloaded FLy 2 planes: AT-6 Harvard, Christen egal II, EMB 120 Brasilia & Extra 300S.

Chris,As is, Fly!2K is what we call version 1.01.87. The first thing you need to do is go into the Avsim Fly! File Library patch section and download the SDK 1.01.88 "User" or "Developer" patch. Be sure to download the right one - there are versions for PC and Mac.Once you're updated, you will be at the v88 level. This opens up a whole new world of planes that you can get from the Fly! Aircraft library here. The first ones you should download are all of the Rob Young v88 versions of the Fly! default aircraft. He has made outstanding improvements, especially in flight modeling, with all of the aircraft. As he created several versions of these over time, be sure to download the latest versions of each. At the v88 level, you'll also find a beautiful Citabria, Mooney, Rob's Learjet, and even an airliner or two.If you haven't done it yet, there are many wonderful subsidiary freeware programs that add a ton of fun and realism to Fly!, from special ATC programs and scripts to advanced skies and clouds and updated scenery.

Randall Rocke

actualy no i wont, non of the PC files are avaliable/exist on the server!!! Any ideas as to were I can get them??

I don't know exactly where you're looking - I checked the file library and everything appears to be there. I found the SDK 1.01.88 patch for the PC under Fly!/patches: http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=5819And the aircraft are under Fly!/Aircraft (10 pages of them) - be sure to sort them by date first so you can get the latest versions after you patch to the SDK.

Randall Rocke

I have found the patch, but i am told the file "X" does not exist on server, even following your link, it is listed, just does not work!

And so it doesn't! :-)I have informed the library manager - if they can't fix the link or if the file is damaged, I may be able to upload my copy to them. Stay tuned.

Randall Rocke

Guest Colins2

Randall,A few weeks ago, I uploadsd my entire collection of Fly! patches to the Avsim server for the librarians to re-instate.I guess that they just haven't got round to it yet.They do, however, have every patch ever released for Fly!Colin

Great, thanks. Only thing is I can't speek norwegian.....

So what! I used a translator to chek the file and I am now using .88!!!Now for the planes!!!!! :) :) :) :)Thanks a lot you guys!!!!!