Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Installation Question

Guest dajackman

Tonight I am giving my system a upgrade. The motherboard, CPU, and hard drives will be replace. About time!! Anyway, Is it possible to just copy the entire Fly2 directory over to the new drive or do I HAVE to run the install, re-apply all patches, re-install all add-ons and such? I have the entire Fly2 folder burned on a DVD disk and it would be a lot easier if all I had to do was copy it over. I'm not sure if there are any registry keys added or any supported files located in the windows folder. Anyone with some info? Thanks.PS. I really hope this is possible. I have so many addons installed I will never get Fly2 back the way it is now......

Fly!II (and Fly!1 for that matter) are not dependent on any registry keys to work properly. From what I understand, the only registry keys that Fly!II initiates are location and uninstall info. Fly!II can be copied wholesale with all of its scenery and add-ons and still function properly without this information.I would caution you that some subsidiary programs, such as Vol!Edit, DexImport, etc., will have to be reinstalled. You can then tell these programs Fly!II's new location and they will set up their registry keys and INI files appropriately.

Randall Rocke

Guest dajackman

Thanks!! What a relief. I'm sure most people here have boat loads of addons installed. Re-installing the OS and all apps are a pain in the "rudder" as it is. Thanks again!