Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

ATC for local airport

Since re-installing Fly! again. I'm trying to set up ability to contact ATC for local airport. I had it working about a year ago. At least I think I did. I have the dex files in the Fly!data directory. I used deximport. Its been awhile since I have tried to do all this. It seems to me that there is a step that Im leaving out. The airport shows up in the directory list and I can teleport to it just fine. I have that part right. It will not show up in the ATC listing as a available airport. Randall if your still around. Gimme a yell. I think you were the one who finally figured out what it was I needed to do the last time around. Oh yeah I did add this airport. It was non existant before. ThanksTonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Tony,Did you set up COMM frequencies for the airport and update COMM.POD with them? (FSS, Ground, Departure, Tower, Approach, Unicom, etc.)

Randall Rocke

I'm having some trouble with Voledit. I can open up the dbd files for all of the Comm, Airport, ect thats in the system folder for Fly. I find the airport in question. Which is I96 or USR3961 under airprot keys. I think I have figuered out why it isnt seeing the airport in the ATC function in Fly. There is no info for Long or Lat. When I try to save the dbd file that I have opened. Voledit keeps saying cannot create file. I've posted two screen shots. One is the error that I'm getting and the other is the directory that Voledit is setup to save files to. Is this the correct directory? Or am I missing something here? I know to most this isnt something that anyone would spend much time on. It would seem like a simple thing to do. Maybe I'm making it harder than it actually is. I had this working before. I just cant repeat the same steps again, Brain cramp maybe? :-hangTonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Tony,I would never use Vol!Edit to create a new DBD unless the original was damaged or you wanted a special one for experiments. You would then have to use the FlY! Editor or another program to repod the POD, and there's some danger in that. Rather, you need to export your changes as a DEX, then import them into the POD with DexImport.First, you need to choose Unselect All to get rid of all the marked records in the DBD file - you'll get a warning on this, but that's OK.Next, mark your edited record(s) for export (they should have an "X" in the left-hand column, because you made changes or additions to them). Two columns over, click on the mark for export box for each of those records (it will change to a "1")Choose the Dex Files menu and select Export Selection (DEX) -- give it a name such as I96_COM.DEX - it should be saved to your Fly!II data directory.Close Vol!Edit and import the DEX with DexImport.

Randall Rocke