Sign in to follow this  

VolNav ! VolNav! (pic)

I just finished testing Didier's VolNav and, it's revolutionary. Everything I tested worked flaulessly. Don't be intimidated by the french; the program is simple and intuitive. Didier does plan to provide English instructions, but don't forget he's a one man show and the program is free.As part of your flight planning, you will be able to orient the plane according to the runway that you choose. When FLY2 start, the plane will be ready for takeoff.Install flystart.dll and get familiar with it. With VolNav and flystart, all of your flight plan will start at exactly the gate and the point near the gate that you've chosen. From the pic, you can see that there are many options available. I even modified my Autoweather to add more information and added some text like "good morning, Captain" to make start up less lonely.tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G'day Tony,It certainly looks like a great flight planer.Is all that sid/stars stuff functional? How is that all entered into the flight plan?Fascinating! Didier's done a fantastic job. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

To tell you the truth, Roger, I have not tested the STAR option. I was busy testing the other features. I believe that you create the Stars with VOLNAV just as you do the flight plan, but you can save the them as separate files.tony

G'day Tony,Thanks Tony, just one last question.With the original TRI flight planner the cursor control is pretty sluggish, almost to the point of turning me off from using the planner. Does this planner remedy that defect?Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Yes, there is no mouse problem, as VolNav is a seperate application that is launched before your start Fly! 2.It's an amazing tool.