Sign in to follow this  
Guest jcomm

Carburetor Ice, wing Ice formation, etc...

Guest jcomm

My first flights after having resintalled Fly!2 were simply astounding!!!I am really satisfied with this final patch, as well as with the very active and tallented Fly community!!!In one of my flights, and because I recalled that Fly used to display warning messages in the screen whenever the weather conditions were consistent with the formation of ice, I went to LOWI (Innsbruck) and set a negative temperature and dew point. Lifted off on the SkyHawk, climbed to alt, and then iddled the engine and started a loooong shalow descent...There were no messages, and apparently the airplane and engine were doing good, with no hint of Ice formation (?)Yes! I have set the Realism options under the Ice menu....Help?

I believe that ice formation has been missing since the release of Fly! 2. It is something that was lost during the release.Correct me if I'm wrong people.

G'day Jose,In the FlyII/systems folder is a file called Fly.iniOpen this file with notepad and make the following changes.iceEngine=1icePropellor=1iceWing=1icePitot=1Make sure that all the "ignore ice" entries lower down in the listare set to 0.ignoreEngineIce=0ignoreWingIce=0etcLastly there isenableIcingmessage=?not sure of the value here and haven't time to test! I'm just going out the door but it will be 1 , 2 or 3resave the Fly.ini and boot up Fly!II.That should get things working for youCheers,Roger @YSSY