Sign in to follow this  
Guest andrewluck

Non standard glideslopes and 240 patch

I've set all the glideslope values for EGLC to 5.5 degrees (ILS.POD) but the glideslope is staying resolutely at 3 degrees. I've tried this with both the Navajo and Hawker (Virtual CAA are at the door again :-)) but with the same result with both planes.Is there something else I need to change as I was under the impression that this had been fixed with the last patch.RegardsAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Andrew,Alas, this was not fixed. Rich did attempt to address it when working on the 230 patch and he thought it was fixed at the time - he did make changes that he thought were operational, which is why it ended up in the "fixed" list with v230 (and that group of fixes was copied into the combined list with v240).We discovered fairly quickly that the GS angle still didn't function properly in v230, so it went back into the hopper with the beta team. As Rich's health began to deteriorate, there was no way he could work on everything on the list, so he concentrated on what he thought were the most important items that could be accomplished in the time remaining. A rework on the GS just wasn't in the cards.I'm guessing that he simply forgot to remove the item from the "fixed" list, considering everything that was happening. I can confirm that this is the only item in the list that I'm aware of that is in error. I'm very sorry - I would have loved to have the problem resolved also, and I know that this was something you were hoping for.

RandallThanks for confirming that.I shall have to continue flying them as I do now. Visual only, 1800ft, drive in to 3 dme, gear down, flaps down, throttle down, nose down etc (you get the picture :-)). You wouldn't think that a simple matter of 2.5 degrees over standard would make such a difference.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH