Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

Mustang P51 Fuel Mgmt. Question

Just curious!Pg. 10 - 1.4- Fuel managementThe fuel tank order is : first the central tank (do not leave more than 25 gallons), then the wing tanks.Pg. 18 - Fuel management :...In order to keep the plane properly balanced for landing, it is advised to leave at least 32 gallons of fuel in the central tank.Which way, I just can't satisfy both :-smile12 Great work guys.Robert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G'day Robert, >Pg. 10 - 1.4- Fuel management >The fuel tank order is : first the central tank (do not >leave more than 25 gallons), then the wing tanks. >>Pg. 18 - Fuel management : >...In order to keep the plane properly balanced for landing, >it is advised to leave at least 32 gallons of fuel in the >central tank. >>Which way, I just can't satisfy both :-smile12 Sure you can Robert. :-) Just remember that America uses funny measurements to the rest of the world. :-lol :-lol 1 gal.(US.) = 5/6 gal. (imp.) approx.32 gals.US = 25 gals.IMP approx. It seems that maybe ROTW have sourced their information from several sources.Maybe ROTW have a better solution to your query. :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

and don't forget, in France we use decimal units. :( Yes, we have used old manuel information (which units, imp ou US?) and real pilots informations.I hav'nt checked enough the manual, I am sorry, I am completly sorry.I hope not to generate crashes or campaign landings because of this mistake.:-( Thanks to have read carefully our manual.

Don't be sorry for anything, you guys have done a fantastic job. The panels and detail in this aircraft have once again pushed the boundaries of my expectations for a flight simulator beyond their limits.Thanks so much for making this the best flight simulator ever, in my humble opinion. :-beerchug Cheers,Robert

>Sure you can Robert. :-) Just remember that America uses >funny measurements to the rest of the world. :-lol :-lol Yea, the rest of the world uses that "qwerky metric thingy" where everything is based on units of 10. 10=1, it's almost impossible to make sense of it.;) On the other hand, the US system makes perfect sense. 16=1, 12=1, 3=1, 4=1, 2=1. Sooo much easier to figure out......... :-hah