Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Newbie Fly!er needs advice.

Hello,I was hoping others could help me figure out a couple of things, as I am new to FlyII. Bear with me, because I am used to MS FS2K2. When I am sitting in the flight deck of any aircraft, how do set the hat switch on my joystick to change views accordingly? In the 407 for example, moving the hat switch slides the panel to one side or the other.The other question is where do I find add-on sceneries, airports and terrain mesh. I like Bush Flying and hope there might be some good scenery and mesh out there. Thanks for any advice or help you can offer.Larry :-wavehttp://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75.gif

If you are using MS sidewinder joystick just create a new profile for FlyII and assign the buttons and hat switch to your liking. This would be in the hardware program under controllers. Or in the FlyII program at the top of the screen click on options and then keys and buttons and you can assign them there. Hope this helps.Qdog

Larry,The Options area also let's you save different keys and button profiles within Fly!IIAs far as sceneries go, you're in the best place to get them (or create them). The File Library here at Avsim has a lot of custom sceneries - check the following areas under Fly!II:--Scenery--TerraScene--Terramodels/Scenery (airports, etc.)You might want to run a search and see if anyone has made a "Bush area" yet.There is not a terrain mesh, per se, in Fly!II that works in the manner of MS, but you can learn to import DEM and other types of Digital Elevation data - some of that has a big learning curve, but the Fly!II SDK is extremely powerful and there's a lot you can do (Fly!II has scenery editors and file managers built in, but some of the freeware tools available make it a lot easier to work with). For instance, with TerraScene 2.1 and the patched and updated Fly!II, you can import data from the USGS for the continental U.S. (lower 48) and it will render extremely accurate landscapes and elevations for your favorite area - almost better than anything else in flight-simming. You can also use TerraScene for other parts of the world, though the data isn't as accurate and elevation data would have to be converted.Welcome to Fly! Enjoy!

Randall Rocke