Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

absurd seattle: buildings in the water :)

I just downloaded and installed the sea_pak building file - it is a really nice addition, but with Terrascened terrain, a good fraction of the buildings are sitting on top of water, which is a bit disconcerting :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes. This is definately the case. I've not been able to figure out how to fix this problem. All the models are in "SceneryX.sXX" files. I've tried using the Fly Editor to move them, and then I hit save, but for whatever reason, they don't appear to remain in their new locations after I restart Fly!2 again.If someone knows the trick here, I would gladly do some re-positioning and re-post the revised version to the AVSIM server for everyone's benefit. NOTE: About six or eight months ago, I emailed the original author to ask for help, but had gotten no response. I think he is no longer participating in the forums. -DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,Many times, Fly!II will revert to the original data or file version when you restart - to keep Fly! from doing this you need to reset the attributes flag.After you have finished adjusting the scenery, save it, and exit Fly! - do not restart. Reset the attribute flag of the appropriate scenerya.Sxx file to "read only". Now start Fly! and everything should remain in place - it is my understanding that you can also pod them in this manner.