Sign in to follow this  

unable to land

Hi,I'm just wondering if somebody experienced the same.Trying to land at some airports is almost impossible for me. On the final (flaps conf.+right speed+gear down+about 100 feet above the runway), suddenly the plain lifts up (up to 2000fpm) with attitude -45 degr. (nose down) and won't let me descent. Unless, I retract flaps to half, shut off the throttle and experience a free fall on the runway. If the ranway is long enough I do manage to land (I'm lucky not having any sick passengers physically behind me).I noticed this behaviour at some airports created with FSImport, but can't name them now, as I always thought it's my lack of pilot skills (have been flying real plains for only 3 years).I imported a FS2k2 scenery last night, where there is no db entry for airport and runway (basically landing in the middle of a crop-field) surrounded by imported 3D models. I can't land here at all, although tried various plains. It simply won't let be bellow 100feet AGL. Every attempt to descend I end up in negative attitude even with engine shut off. BTW, tried speed up descend by full rudder one side and full airleons to opposite side. Bad luck. Any idea what to check or what it might be?Thanks,Rene

Concerning your problem on finals, open your fly.ini file (situated in C:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IIsystem) with a text editor such as Notepad and replaceignoreSlopeWind=0 by ignoreSlopeWind=1That should help ;-)Jean-Paulhttp://www.simvol.org/fly/avatars/logojp.gif