Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Pics of my checkride 172, you really should see this!

Guest Bart

or what's left of it after a little boo boo. Thing that really bites is the FBO just went thru this plane the end of fall and about redid the whole thing.

Student pilot was doing touch and goes Wed. night at Blueash, tried to climb out to steep while "going" after a "touch", got into a departure stall about 30-40 feet off the ground, stalled the right wing (BIG reason to keep that ball centered, especially on climbout), right wingtip contacted the runway...slung him into a snowbank off the side of the runway that ate the nosewheel and the rest of the front of the plane...FAA inspector said another 10-20 feet up and he would've been hanging by the seat belts picking grass blades out of his hair. Pilot walked away unharmed thank goodness, only problem now is he has about 30 other pilots looking for him that enjoyed flying this plane...me included.:-grr This was the plane I took up on my first flight when I started my PPL training last March and the one I used for my checkride the end of December...gonna miss it, nice plane.;(8 R.I.P. "Skyhawk 3XP" ;(8Maybe they'll put the DME in 891 :) that's my normal renter!!c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/pics/ryans...ight/flight.gif http://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg:-grr

That sucks! Three aircraft that I flew in were later destroyed, but in only one instance did anyone walk away - that is a very lucky man!

Randall Rocke