Sign in to follow this  
Pascal_LSGC

A letter from Tara Harvey

We received the following from Tara Harvey this morning and felt we should share it with the flightsim community.Please forgive the format in which I have to pass this news along. I wish I could call all of you and let you know personally. Richard passed away at 3:30pm on Thursday after his seven year battle with cancer.All of you listed have played a wonderful part in his life, as well as in mine. Richard was blessed to have you as friends, physicians, colleagues, and family. I continue to be blessed by all of you.Services will be held as follows:A viewing will be held on Monday, March 17th at 7pm at Mulkey-Mason Funeral Home. Their address is 148 W. Church St. in Lewisville, TX. You can reach them by phone at 972-436-4581. This viewing is open to all of our friends and family.A memorial service will be held on Tuesday, March 18th at 5pm at First Presbyterian Church. The address is 1002 Fox Avenue in Lewisville, TX. You can reach them by phone at 972-436-6578. This service is open to all of our friends and family.A private committal will be held Tuesday morning. This service is open only to our immediate family.In lieu of flowers, Richard requested that donations be made to thefollowing:The Richard Harvey Endowed Scholarship for Aeronautical Sciences has been established to provide an annual scholarship award to a deserving junior or senior enrolled at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. Based upon grade point average and other criteria established by the university's endowment policies, a deserving student will be selected each year to receive this scholarship. The recipient will have to be a full time student enrolled in aeronautical sciences, maintain a 3.0 GPA or better, and attending either of the residential campuses of Embry-Riddle. They will have to demonstrate financial need. The endowed scholarship is one where contributions will be placed in a fund. When that fund reaches $10,000, it will be self-sustaining and via the interest it generates, be able to award a student each year a scholarship of $500. As the endowed fund grows, so too will the amount awarded. Each year Embry-Riddle will provide AVSIM a report as to the status of the fund, recipients, and other material related to the scholarship. In turn, AVSIM will publish this information for the entire community to see. Please visit www.avsim.com for more information.Donations can also be made to the Lauren Harvey Trust Fund which has been established for Lauren's college education. To donate to this scholarship fund, please contact Marilyn Webb at Terminal Reality, Inc. at 972-315-8089. Marilyn can give you further instructions.Again, thank you all for being such an important part of our lives. Thank you for supporting Richard, his family, and I during this time. Your thoughts, prayers, and support have been greatly appreciated. Love and Peace,Tara Harvey

Guest Bjorn

Thanks for your mail, Tara!Although many of us never had met Rich in real life, yousurely understand by now how much he has meant to ourlives.God bless you and your family,Bj

Thank you Tara.My thoughts are with you and yours.

Guest Neil

God bless you Tara...Deepest Regards,