Sign in to follow this  
kevinc5

Fly II at 1280 x 1024 ?

Is there any way to tweak FLYII to run at 1280x1024? I found a recent discussion in the archives referring to possible problems when running higher than 1024x768 but it did not mention how to get higher than 1024x768 in the first place. I've installed a fully patched FlyII on a new P4 2.66, GeF4 4200 with a 18" FP display and I'd like to give FlyII a try after a long hiatus...Thanks

G'day Kevin,there are 3 changes you need to make to the Fly1.ini file in the Fly!II/system folder.pixx=1280pixy=1024 to set the screen pixels, and..askusergraphics=0to inhibit the graphics setup screen at startup. ( i'm at work and not 100% sure of the variable name but will repost tonight when I get home if it's wrong. )Then start and run Fly!IIUnfortunately the aircraft interior graphics do not scale up so interior views will be still at 1024 x 768. The spare area of the screen will show exterior view. If you fly just using the fwd exterior view however the scenery will work very nicely in the higher resolution.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Thanks much...that seems to have done it. It's running full screen. I'll have to spend some time with it to see if there are any problems at that resolution with my setup. (It's been two years since I've done anything with FLY so I'll have to track down the manual and list of commands...)