Sign in to follow this  
Guest bwilson

If not the Navajo?

Guest spenik

I was wondering anyone knows if there any prodjects concerning mid to light twins as a replacement for the Navjo? I just read the thread on the Navajo and trted it my self. It looks rather help less. But if their is a twin in the works that could replace it that would be good to hear! If it's a suprise, I will understand.

Guest CaptainJ

Hi There,What kind a twin did you had in mind? there are a lott of twins around the world lately :-) Maybe if I get an idea which twin is most wanted by the Fly! community peolpe. I can make one! But I have to finnesh this rotorplane first you know! ;-) Ok take care now! and let me know which twin turns you on.....http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/8092.jpg

Guest BOB_J

Why not a little Embraer 121 Xingu, as a tribute to our Brazilian friends?Certainly a fine looking exotic bird, and no more dutch roll with the rear keel...Your opinion, Mr Keyton? ;-)

Guest spenik

As a replacement for the Kodiak, I think a Beech Duke or Piper Mojave would do perfectly. As a twin that I would love to fly just as a twin, I would have to yell Beech Duchess or Cessna Sky Master as loud as I can. I love small planes. I had almost resighned myself to flying just the Flyhawk and it's repaints, then I found out about the Lancair Columbia 300. Other then that, the other small planes are the Piper Warior ( Thanks ROTW for this execlent plane! ) and the Pa-19 ( another thank you to ROTW ). There are the Citabria and Decathalon but they are PC only. No PC hear. An Embraer would be nice! But it's just a tad big for me. Areo Commander what? The 520 is so cuite! But the 680 looks more powerfull. I wouldn't tell to many people you have done conversions from Fly!2k to Fly!II or all those people posting to the Kodiak problums page will beg of you to convert the Navajo 88!For those of you who don't know what a Cessna Skymaster is, it's the most invative consept since the HSI! Cessna thought that if the could make a twin with one engine in the front pulling and another directly behind it, they could cancelthe Ben Hur effect and P-factor problems. For those of you who don't know what that is, Oh boy... Cessna presented the Skymaser to the FAA and tried to get it classifed so that a single engine pilot could fly a twin without a twin ticket, but that didn't fly. The consept is still there but only 1250 or so were built but they are very neat!CaptinJ, if you could let me know what kinds of planes peple would like, I would love to hear it! I tried a post once but nobody replied.Love that Whirllybird! When will it be done?

Hi Mr. Bob,I agree 100% with you!Very nice aircraft. :-)Take care,Keyton

Guest spenik

Mr.Bob! I like it! How about I cange my handle to Mr.Bob and insist everyone call me as such? ;-)Which one is nice, the Lancair, the Shymaster, the Whirllybird, or all three?Hope the Lancair comes out soon!

Guest jjlobo

BobJGood suggestion. Xingu is a very nice aircraft.Thanks for remembering Brazilians..JJLobo

Guest spenik

Xingu? What is that? Sounds interesting! I can just see Next generation pusher-prop with the engines on the wing tips and a tail wheel!

Guest spenik

After reding prievious posts I finally got it! Embraer 121 Xingu! I agree it's a nice aircraft! What is the connection to Brazilians though?

Guest Javier

It looks and "feels" like if you put your bag at the back the plane's tail will end up touching the runway.:-lol

Guest spenik

Well, it does fall into the twin catigory nicelly doesn't it? I am all for!Would love to hear other sugestions too!

Guest jjlobo

Embraer is a Brazilian aircraft manufacturer and is very good one. Xingu is a Brazilian project from 70's, like other famous and recent as EMB120 (Brasilia), ERJ 145, etc. We Brazilians like to see Brazilian aircrafts in the sims..Take a look here..http://www.embraer.com.br/RegardsJJLobo

Guest spenik

Looks great! I had no idea that this company existed untill you showed me that link. Any where I could find the specs?