Sign in to follow this  
Guest spenik

Where do you Fly!?

Guest spenik

Hello everyone, I was wondering where the frequnted spots around the globe are in Fly!II. So far, I have done a considerable amount of flying in central Alsaska. I have recently gone to flying in Hawaii, my home. I was hoping I could find other places to fly too.If you have a Secret airport you like to fly to, hidden amoung spawling metopilisis or in Snow caped mountains, I would love to hear about them!I think it might be a neat Idea to compose a photo album of the most manifisent places in Fly!II. I am sure that in real life that there are a lot of different wonders, but in Fly!II there are others. Please include some surronding airports so I will have somewhere to fly to when I visit these places.

Guest dajackman

I stick to were I have sectional charts for and AFDs, so mostly in my home stats of Va. I have just about the entire state TSed.

Don't know about FLYII (still using FLY2k), but you should try some East Coast routes. Especially this year, try this: set up at RIC, then fly down the Charles river to Norfolk, then south to FFA (First flight at Kill Devil Hills on the Outer Banks). Set up with a realwx metar so you get to experience the steady breezes that made the place so attractive to the Wright Brothers.

I live in Beaverton, Oregon and am a private pilot. I normally fly routes in Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, California and Arizona. I trained and did most of my real life flying (don't currently own a plane) in San Diego, California. My most recent flight was in a Pilatus PC12 which I flew out of Hillsboro (KHIO) and in 1996 my high point was flying a TBM700, also out of Hillsboro. I am new to using FlyII but really like the fact it was designed to better capture a Pilot's perspective on flying. I have owned the program for over a year but was never able to get it to work well on my computer till I read the posts in this sight.Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest spenik

Wow! I thought I would get replys but this is great! I have a few airports I like to frequent. One is PAQ. This air port is nice and small, no tower no ground. But it has three runways! The two south facing runways are cut rather short and present a diffcult aproch due to the Mountain in the north. VDZ is quite a singular airport. on the west side, there is a near sheer wall wich extends down the entire lenght of the runway and after about 50nm turns east and provieds no easy approach from the north. it comes right up to Valdez Bay and makes an excelent place to launch the Stearman.Bella Bella Coola is a Canadian airport I found by picking out strips by random. It has mountains on both sides and is situated in a dip wich maks for a very challenging approach from any direction! MUE is my last. It has been my most frequnted since I started flying in Hawaii. It launches you straight twords KOA without any heading changes. It's at about 3000 ft. and KOA is at sea leavel so little climbing is neaded. Ample navaids suplement GPS nicely, this will also hopefully be the airport of my first flight later this month. I think I will try that east coast route!If anyone has any other places they like to fly at, go ahead and post um!

I like to fly in Colorado (probably because I live here). There are some nice airports in the Denver area and great trips are available into the mountains. Aspen is a very challenging strip to fly in and out of, along with Leadville (LXV) -- the highest airport in North America. I should mention that Wayne Roberts has created many of these airports and has done a fantastic job. You'll find them in the file library. In addition, I'm working on some satellite scenery packs for the area that I hope to release sometime soon.

Guest tonyc

i LIVE IN Providence ,RI and fly my b1900 regional to all of the ne airports. I use VolNav, Infometar,c4to, and persistent mode. I simply download latest weather and pick up where I left off.tony

Guest jjlobo

There are some Brazilians working to have Brazil Scenery mapped and implemented. There are very good flights between some southern cities with some custom scenery. Keyton Cabral is developing new scenery for Northern Brazil (I think so). Try to fly around:S

Guest spenik

I will try and let you know asap!

Guest spenik

tried a Flight from RIC to Norflok in the PC-12 with todays weater, it was a very pleasant trip. Except for takeoff, I was alomst blown off the runway! Breezes my foot! It was quite amusing to whach the James river flowing just of my left wing. I was staring the downwind leg of my approach when Fly! unexpectedly quit. Oh well...