Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Aircraft "drops" into airport on startup

Guest DNelson

Trying to get Fly2 installed, patched, and running after some time off and major computer modifications.Everything seems to be running fine, but I've found that after Terrascening my local airport (KOGD), the airplane enters the simulation suspended at least 100 feet above the airport. It immediately crashes to earth in a pile of debris. This does not happen using generic scenery (Terrascene pod removed). Does this mean I will have to do some flattening? I created this scenery so long ago, I don't recall if the scenery slicer automatically flattens like the Fly!2k editor did.Thanks,Dan

Dan,The slicer is supposed to flatten airports after patch v230. For the most part, it seems to work well, but there are some locations where it seems to go into the "Twilight Zone".I have only seen the phenomenon you describe once. After the recent render of some TerraScenery on the Ohio/Kentucky border, I teleported into the airport only to find myself suspended hundreds of feet in the air - the aircraft promptly fell out of the sky and crashed. After I hit the repair button, I was once again up in the air and starting to fall.I found I could start my flight from that airport by doing the following: as soon as the teleport finished. I hit the Slew key before the aircraft fell. I then lowered the aircraft gently to the ground and released Slew. It skidded along the ground a little, so I hit Slew again. Once I had the aircraft stable, I slewed once more to get the plane on the tarmac - I was able to taxi, take off, and land normally after that. Strange.

Randall Rocke

Guest DNelson

OK, thanks Randall. I created this scenery long before patch 230, so I guess nothing is flattened. I haven't had time yet to try other airports.Dan

Guest dajackman

I have had this happen. What I did was just re-created that area and it fixed itself. Thought it was something I did, guess not...