Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

aircraft always slides around

no matter what I do my plane or helicopter always slides when on the ground. even with engines off and brakes on they just drift slowly in one direction. if anyone knows what this is or how to fix it please let me know. thanks guys

Guest tonyc

If you crashed the plane, you need to go into the aircraft menu and repair it. If you set the start up in "persistent mode", the program will remember exactly the way you left the aiplane before shut down. check to see that it's not in "persistent" mode.tony

Also, check that the following lines in your fly.ini file are set as I list them:ignoreSlopeWind=1percentOfWindOnGround=20Winds near the surface in Fly!II have way too much effect, and that may be what is affecting your aircraft - if you don't turn off the slope wind component, you wouldn't even be able to land at some airports!Mattering on how much you want the wind just above the surface to impact aircraft response for taxi, takeoff, landing, etc. set the percentage. I use a setting of about 30%, as I want crosswind landings to be real - the default is 0.Are you updated through the v240 patch?

I would update to the 240 patch ASAP - many, many corrections, improvements and additions since v210.