Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Differences between Fly2K and Fly2?

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Cruising an out of the way games store today and found a boxed copy of Fly2K at a riduculously low price (NZ$29.00 or US$13.00 approx). Now, I've seen plenty enough copies of Fly2 around down here in Christchurch, New Zealand (at NZ$99.00 or US$43.00 approx.) and I understand it is not too bad a sim, but I've never heard of Fly2K.Is it worth obtaining? How is it different from Fly2? And probably a bazillion other questions I have not even thought about asking yet. Enquiring minds would really like to know :-)TIA

G'day Capt Havoc, Fly! was a groung breaking flight sim on it's initial release and Fly! 2k is essentially a debugged Fly! along with an SDK and third party software by HITW. Even among the most dedicated Fly! II (no such thing as Fly!2 )devotees you can still find argument for certain parameters of Fly!2k being better than Fly! II. My best advice to you is to buy it and see for yourself if it is worth obtaining. If you then decide that it is not your cup of tea as a flight sim then what the heck... $13 bucks down the drain ( hardly the family jewels )..... BUT BE WARNED; it could start you down a completely new path of flight simming. :-)Cheers, Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

FLY2K is the "first" fly series with all of the upgrades and addons. It's a great sim for those who want to get a feel for the FLY series. It will give lots of good flying with add on scenery and planes.If you look hard, you should be able to find FLY2 at similar if not lower prices. I suggest you look for FLY2.tony

Guest Dean

Fly!/Fly2K were indeed ground breaking sims. In some cases regarding performance of some of the A/C and implementation of some A/C systems, Fly!/Fly2K is still ahead. In virtually all other areas Fly II is probably the better choice. If you have a "modern" video card you may find Fly2K to be more work to use than it is worth. Fly! and Fly2K require .scf files for specific video cards in order to work properly. Since support for Fly!2K does not exist other than in this forum, you have to make the file yourself which is not difficult. If you do not have Fly II, I have to agree with Tony, it is a better choice.

Guest pilotsim7828

Here You Go ;Capt,HavocFly! 2K is very nice if used with Ground Control Replacement for genric scenery,'Also if you have a fast video card, That helps out a great dealJeff Akins