Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Knoxville TS Pack to be Uploaded (pic+)

With the shut-down of the Avsim server over the last couple of days, I wasn't able to upload these files, so I'll give it another try this evening.This tile is mostly in Tennessee, including Knoxville, Gatlinburg and a portion of the Great Smoky Mountains. It also contains a small portion of western North Carolina, so we will consider it a portion of the Carolinas Project.Any way you cut it, this is a beautiful and varied landscape. There are some errors (lines, gouges, marks) produced in some parts of the day image - I don't know if this is due to the hilly and mountainous terrain or errors in the USGS data itself. I will include some of the edits I made to correct the worst of these in a separate "repair kit", though it is quite large.Over southern tip of Knoxville, looking to the SE and the Great Smoky Mountains.

Here are two shots of other areas of the global tile:

Randall Rocke

Guest Colins2

RandallWhat beautiful scenery :)Colin

Hi Colin,The anomaly count was high, so this one took a couple of days just to edit (16 mini-tiles had some kind of error). I can't upload all the corrected images as we'd end up with a 300 MB project pack. :-)I'm sending it up with no corrections except for the water mask, then putting 6 of the mini-tiles with the most corrections up as an optional repair kit (85 MB).I sure hope we can eventually sell completed sceneries (no profit) through the Avsim store, thereby making it easy to distribute finished scenery packages on CD and DVD.

Randall Rocke

Hi Bart,Which airport? TYS, Gatlinburg, Knoxville?

Randall Rocke

Actually, I really don't like the stuff. :-) But , it's fun to watch them make it.Watch out for them thar hollers and hills.

Randall Rocke

Guest Bart

well...then would you like a video of them making taffy :-lol? Something I found kinda interesting in doing the flight plan is GKT is only 200 feet higher in elevation than Blueash, the real hills and hollars start just south of the airport at Gatlinburg. There is one bump by Middlesboro, Ky. that jumps up to a bit over 3k, other than that everyting is right around 1k. If time permits might stop off at Middlesboro and check out the "Glacier Girl", the P-38 they pulled out of the ice and rebuilt, they did the first test flights on it a few weeks back. "But dear we have to stop for fuel and OH MY GOODNESS!!!....LOOKY WHAT THEY GOT HERE!!!...:-roll"c ya :-waveBart flyhelp@zoomtown.comhttp://bartsflyplace.tripod.com/bart_logo3.jpg