Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

new plane - small project

Hi,Somehow my previous message got lost. So let's start again.I was thinking of designing a new aircraft (a small twin). Making the model in 3dmax5 - will make it in accordance to a manual. Eventually, will finish with animated fly controls. OR, may need to redesing it as the cocpit and cabine are more glassy then metal - to look nice.I have the plane with great characteristics for FS2002, so lots of information can be 'copied' from there. I cannot know everything, so asking for help and volunteers to either:a) explain me how to do things (may be quite painfull for you, guys -haha):( actively participating and doing things (not just for me but for ourselves).I can provide the information and data, ouctures,etc.Would enybody be interested? Cheers,Rene S.

G'day Rene,Mate you mention 3dsMax5 !! The plug-ins written by TRI are for 3dsMax3 and 3dsMax4 so unless you can port from max 5 to max3 or 4 you have a problem. The plug ins are necessary to convert the model files into a format that Fly! II will accept. At present I don't have the time (or skills) to be of much help to you but I hope to get involved in aircraft production once I retire in about six months.Good luck with your project.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest CaptainJ

Hi Rodger,I have to mention that the plug-in which is written for max 4, is working well with max 5 I have exported several planes with max 5 there where no problems during the export :-) I thoght the same as you did in the beginning but Dan Larson told me that it worked fine with max 5Take care,

G'day Jarno,Well how about that! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. :-)Thanks for the update.Sorry IRS034 if I've misled you. (-: Go for it! :-) Cheers, Roger @YSSY