Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Johnson City TS Pack (pic+)

The next global tile in the Carolinas Project is now finished - I will be uploading the pack this evening. The Johnson City tile continues to the east from the Knoxville tile, centering on Johnson City and Elizabethton, TN. Following the Cherokee and Pisgah National Forests to the southwest takes you through Greenville, TN into the Smokies. This tile includes Kingsport, TN to the north and Morganton, NC to the east.Over Johnson City, TN:

The images linked below:1. Over Greenville, TN2. In the mountainous area NE of Asheville, NC

Absolutely stunning! Although I am waiting for an upgrade to install Fly2 again, I will definitely keep your series in mind!Malbeuf

Thanks, Malbeuf!It's so nice (and relatively easy) when you have 7.5-minute DEM files available. The shading they provide really "pops" the 3D feel from areas like this. I thought that at one time someone was working on interpolating a similar effect for the rest of the world, but I haven't heard much more about it.