Sign in to follow this  
Guest Steve Brown

Is there the possibility to use FLY_1 scenery in FLY_2 ?

Hi ,is there the possibility to use scenery of FLY_1 in FLY_2 ?thanks for any help ...Thomas

Thomas,The only thing that is compatible (that I am aware of) are taxiways. As long as the airport and its runways are in exactly the same location (and many are, of course) a taxiway pod from Fly! would work in Fly! II. The Fly! pods have an EPD extension, rather than the new designation of POD for Fly!II, but they will still function properly when placed in the taxiways directory.I'm not aware of any other scenery being compatible. The only way Fly! TerraScene could be used would be to reslice the original rendered images from Fly! and TS v1/v2 - you would have to be the author and have saved those images. Even then, they would be at half the resolution of Fly! II, so they wouldn't be that attractive.I believe there is at least one instance where someone took Fly! models and remade them for Fly! II - check in the library for Salty's Chicago/Meigs scenery.Outside of those items, there is a ton of scenery and/or render packs now available in the Fly!II section of the file library and the tools are even better for Fly! II if you want to make your own.

Randall Rocke

Guest rene_35

you have also the possibility to use all .bin objects with their texture files (.raw, .act).Just install them in your airport with Fly! II editor or Terramodels tools to be in accordance with runways, taxiways and parks positions.

Guest Steve Brown

Hi Thomas :-wave I have been able to convert and place the models in the wonderful Gatwick Airport Scenery for Fly!1 into Fly!2. Doing what Rene has said. Sadly (For you Guys) after joining the "StarChaser Organisation" Britains ticket to Space and the X-Prize, its led me to doing a project which I will be doing a lot of work on a website about the benefits of Spaceflight and the work on the International Space Station. This is Government backed and may end up with me going to Nasa to get more info on the subjects Im working on. So you are going to have to wait a while for it. So yes, in some ways its possible but a lot of work to put them into Fly!2. It took me longer to do this than make it all new from scratch.All the best and have a go.Steve.