Sign in to follow this  
swambast

Getting Frame Rates - Numeric Results...?

Can you get a numeric frame rate result to show up? I've read the FAQs, and followed the steps described below, but all I can get is the graph to appear. Can you not get a numeric read out??? If so, HOW??? Thanks.P.S. Unfortunately, I'm starting to kind of get discouraged with the Fly2 experience so far. As a newbie to Fly2, I feel there is so much information, but it is terribly disorganized and scattered everywhere. I feel that this forum seems to be the only place that can help me out. Well, I'll hang in there a little longer, but I have never spent so much time "trying to figure things out" on a flight simulator in all my flight simming days... FROM THE FAQs Open the fly.ini file in the system folder. Find the line allowDebugInfo=0, and change this to allowDebugInfo=1. Save the file and restart Fly! II.You can also disply fps as a graph by pressing + or + !

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

you need to go into the keybord assignments and give it a key in order to get the fps in non graph form, which is what you get with C-F. I, for example, assigned the "tab" key. If you haave difficulty finding the right terminology, let us know. I will look up my own and let you know.tony

Hi, do you have a name?After making the change to the fly.ini, start Fly!2 and then use the TAB key to cycle through the different display options, you will get the following information:1st time:- Lower left: Current display resolution and bit depth- Lower right: number of polygons and FPS.2nd time:- Top left: Lat/Lon and altitude- Top right: Aircraft type, time and date- 4th line thru 6th: Texture types usage- 7th line: Available texture slots as setup through your render.ini file- Lower left: adds Zoom factor- Bottom center: FPS/CNT -which I can't remember what it was but don't get confused with FPS, this is different-3rd time:- Hides all of the above and instead shows Speed, Altitude, Vertical Speed, RPM and Magnetic Heading on the bottom of the screen.4th time:- Hides all informationHope this helps, and welcome to the Fly! community.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg