Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Need advice (pic)

Guest tonyc

I have been enjoying my modified dc9 panel. As you can see, it does create a more 3d feel with respect to the original panel. Here's the dilemma, I've packaged it for upload so others can use it. The copyright issue is what I need advice on. I am aknowledging the author of the upper panel and those of the main panel, and emphasize that this is for personal use. What I have not done, however, is asked for their specific permission, simply because I am not in any way trying to profit or not aknowledging proper authorship. What are your opinions? I can upload it, or I can e-mail it to whomever asks for the zip file. I simply want to make my humble contribution to the hobby, but don't want to get into an embarassing situation, since my intentions are honest. Afterall, I don't see this panel mod any differently than many of the aircraft repaints.tony

Guest dajackman

Can't answer your question but your work looks great. Feels like I'm going to fall right out the from window in your pic. Hope someone can help you!

Guest Steve Brown

All I can say is, I have done some repaints of Biba Salsa's models in my scenery. I have tried many times to get intouch with him but sadly was unable. So I just give him the credit he deserves. It may not be the answer you want, but I can understand how you feel.Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/wrexhamspace/wasp.jpg][/divMy United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Guest desmondw

Hi Tony, I also can't answer your questions but I really enjoy FLYing the DC9 & I love your new panel, it really does give it the 3D effect. I hope you can get it uploaded as I will definitely be downloading it.Desmond

G'day Tony,Nice work mate! WHEN you upload it I'll definately be downloading.Now as for your dilema With freeware authors it's not so much the copywrite issue or intellectual property rights but more a case of just simple plain common courtesy. After all we do take someone else's work and rehash it. If you are doing the work just for your own use then I wouldn't worry too much about it but if you are planning to share with the community then definitley permission should be sought. I've yet to hear of a case where permission has been refused for a repaint in Fly! II. Some aircraft have accompanying documentation giving permission for repaints but if they don't it's no hassle to email the author and request permission.When I added the views and repainted the front panel of the DC-9 I emailed Roberto Vigetti and sought permission which was given unqualified. I can't remember the exact wording but it went along the lines of "go for it! :-) "I received an email from the author ( appologies but the name escapes me) of the ROTW repaint of the DC-9 to use the interior of the Hughes Airwest DC-9 and my reply was much the same as above. > Afterall, I don'tsee this panel mod any differently than many of > the aircraft repaints. You have just answered your own question here Tony. You should always have permission for repaints of aircraft :-)rvigetti@tiscalinet.itCheers mate,Roger @YSSY

Guest tonyc

thanks, Roger. I will send the autors an e-mail and wait for an answer. tony