Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Enjoy! Dh6Twin Otter update(pic)

Guest tonyc

I've just uploaded the new version of my cockpit modification. It includes many new features as well as a bit more polish regarding my painting skills. We now have the first FLY2 aircraft that has the most frequently used controls in the main panel. This will make landing it in bad weather as well a small strips a joy. I want to thank many of you for the encouragement. It's been fun.tony

Thank you Tony, your work looks very good!Will download as soon as I wake up! Yes I'm sleeping right now... or I should! :-)Cheers!Pascaledit : typos

Guest tonyc

Pascal, do you know what time it is ? Go to bed right now and let others do the flying. :-)tony

Guest tonyc

I just realized that I did not mention the wonderful Panel Maker by Mathew Horridge. Without it, I would have not been able to do as much as I did. Thanks Mathew and my apologies for not mentioning you in the credits.tony

Guest flystudio3d

Compliments!! I like very much your work Tony :-) RegardsGiorgio Gnesda

Guest tonyc

Can some one tell me if it's working fine for them? with all the files going in and out of FLY2, I may have inadvertently omitted a file in podding. I will clean my directory and check, but I hope some can tell me before I do this. thanks.Doc, I am assuming that you have FLY2 set up at 1024x768 res. It will not work with 800x600 or less. In fact, I don't know what will happen if you do.tony

Guest tonyc

Now, that is strange. I first tested the pod version in a brand new FLY2 directory in a second drive, where I knew I did not have a dh6 aircraft. It worked beautifully. Then I removed all the unpodded files in my other directory and installed the dh6 pod and it, too, worked flawlessly. I'll keep on trying, hoping that we come up with what I might have left out.tony

Guest tonyc

Steve, Have you removed the files from my earlier cockpit mod? the old files take precedence over the podded version, so if they are not removed, I don't know what will happens. I can tell you for sure that there will definitely be a conflict with the panels. Try it. Just remove those individual files in the ART,Data and World folders with a reference to the dh6. I just realized that my first version was unpodded and this one is podded. I hope this is it.tony

Guest Steve Brown

Just checked and I had removed the files. Im off to bed now so I will check my files again tomorrow. With all my scenery I doing my art models and world folders are filled to the brim.See yaRegards, Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/wrexhamspace/wasp.jpg][/divHomepage.http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/index.html My United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+ViewMy Aircraft Repaints.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Guest richpress

I don't think you have anything to worry about. I uninstalled the original POD, the files associated with the beta cockpit version and the hst files.Loaded the new POD file and everything worked OK. Started up and closed down the aircraft and checked on all the views. All A OK. Will try a test flight and report. Incidently right in front of the windscreen was one of the illusive birds. I have heard about this but have not experienced it.

Guest Doc Parano

Tony,My screen resolution is 1024 x 768...and I didn't install your precedent version...no files to remove....When I change the view ©: CTD ... with no message!Strange, isn't it ?

Guest tonyc

Yes, that's it. If there are traces of other earlier dh6 files, including the ones for the cockpit mod, Fly2 will crash. The file that I've uploaded is all inclusive, therefore no other file is needed. Users should remove the original dh6 pod, all of the dh6 files in the ARt, data, and world folders and simply install the latest,dh6_twin_otter_v1.zip. My apologies for not being clear in my instructions.. tony