Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

DH6 Twin Otter version2? Please Read this..

Guest tonyc

I created a new directory for FLY2. I reinstalled FLY2 and patched it to 2.5. I installed version2 of the dh6 pod and it worked flawlessly. Yet, some beta testers have had some problems with crashes. I need your help if you want this panel/plane, simply because I don't know what else I can do. When I installed FLY2 from scratch, I configured it for directx8 t&L, 1024x 768, video memory more than 32meg, and, voila, didn't do anything else. I then placed the dh6v2( which I have not uploaded yet), and everything worked fine. So, I have a virgin installation, have not tweaked my ini files. Because of the horrible embarassement regarding my first panel project failing, I am hesitant to upload version2. It reminds me of when I soloed and in my second touch and go a plane cut me off. I landed and told my instructor I was quitting. He sternly ordered me to go back and finish my third touch and go. I did it and thanked him for it. I'll happily mail version 2 to whomever asks me for it. I will not upload it until I get the green light from you. ;-)tony

Guest Steve Brown

Tony!From the bottom of my heart I know how you feel. I make mistakes all the time :-) Some say my biggest mistake was being born, hahaha hey here's the proof :-lol http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/40957.jpg Regards, Steve.http://mysite.freeserve.com/wrexhamspace/wasp.jpg][/divHomepage.http://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/index.html My United Kingdom Scenery.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+ViewMy Aircraft Repaints.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Guest tonyc

Thanks, Steve. I see some great activity around paneling these days. This is good. I will keep on plugging away. Interestigly enough, I took off from Kcar with autometar weather and the twin otter. At some point in the flight I got a CTD. Maybe it's time to reinstall FLY2.tony

I'll happily mail version>2 to whomever asks me for it. I will not upload it until I get>the green light from you. ;-)>tonyHi Tony,Please check your email. I'd like to try it.Thanks for everything,Earl

Guest richpress

I too run two installations of FLY 2. One which is as you say virgin for testing and the other which has all the bells and whistles installed once I am happy with them. I have flown the Twin Otter on both installations with no problems. During each flight I did a series of basic exercises,used the GPS, A/P, with ILS and unassisted approaches. Couldn't fault and enjoy flying this aircraft. No crashes. I'll do a bit of IFR and report back if I receive any problems. My system is pretty ordinary. Win 98SE, 64mb GF2 400 card,384mb SDRAM ,P111 566mhz Celeron CPU.

Guest tonyc

I think I found the problem, since I've finally been able to duplicate it. Switch to the b200 aicraft and then switch back to the Twin Otter. At this point I get the CTD. Also, the b200 picks up some gauges from the Twin otter, specifically their colors are grey instead of the b200 brown. Can someone confirm this? Once I get confirmation, I can start working on the solution. thanks.tony

Guest pilotsim7828

I went to the B200 Aruoa , Then switched to the otter, Same CTDLet me know what you find out to correct this,The panel looks very good by the Glimpse I got.Jeff

Guest tonyc

I am getting close to the solution. I am trying to create one complete plane and panel, and there are a couple of items that appear to be conflicting. It's part of learning....tony

Tony,I flew the 6 around Atlanta Harstfield with no problems. Then switched to B200. Immediate CTD. Just before closing, I heard a couple of clicks... like switches being flipped. I think it was the same sounds as when using the "E" key to start engines.I deleted the .hst file for the 6. No difference. CTDI reopened FLYII and selected the B200 first. It came up without crashing but it was "Damaged" I hit the button to "Repair all". Then the B200 came up ready to fly. I did notice the comm switches had a gray background on the brown panel as you said. I didn't see any other problems. I then tried to switch to the 6. Immediate CTD.Also, just wanted to confirm, the panel in my version does not have the autopilot up on the center post. Is this the correct version you wanted me to test?Thanks,EarlMy specs:PIII 800256M RAMNvidia w/64M DDRSound Blaster PCI512

Guest tonyc

For the moment the only work around the CTD is to make sure that the B200 is not the plane from which you switch to the DH6. There's a conflict and I am working on it. So, if you make the DH6 the default plane and don't switch back and forth between aircraft, you might be ok. I am making progress, though.tony