Sign in to follow this  
Guest BobL

Help disk write error while installing FS2002

Has anybody had any disk write error while installing FS2002?I was already on disk 3 of my FS2002 Setup when suddenly a FS2002 Setup error message poped up saying that a disk write error had occured while installing one of the many cab files. I was presented with a button to cancel, one to retry and one to ignore: I clicked on "retry" and everything went well -- it continued as if nothing had happened and I did not get that error again -- at the end, a message said that FS2002 was installed successfully.Should I be concerned at all? after I clicked "retry" the error message didn't come up again. After that, I've flown for a couple of hours and everythings seems to work well -- should I reinstall FS2002?Has anybody had a similar error while installing FS2002? Is this a known problem?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I get this error on my Samsung cd player. It seems that sometimes this cd player does not like the cd's from Microsoft. There is nothing to be concered about unless you have this problem alot, then I would consider getting a new player. Also I think a couple of years ago Panasonic had this problem.Ed

This may be too little too late but I've had the exact same thing happen everytime I've tried to install FS2002. The fix that I've found is to turn off DMA on the CDROM drive during the install and turn it back on after you're through.I don't recall who let me in on that little trick but it's worked ...BobL