Sign in to follow this  
Ben Johnson

cirrus yoke/console/avionics with Fly II

Guest wrbrody

I have the Precision Flight Controls Cirrus II yoke/console plus digital avionics. Does anyone know how to modify FLY II to be able to use this hardware with Fly II?

Guest Chris Wallace

Yes...I developed an interface driver for Precision Flight Controls consoles to the point of being in beta testing, but it was never released. All rights are owned by PFC so you will have to contact them for more information, but if they give the go-ahead I can help get you set up.Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Hi Chris,I too have the PF Cirrus (Money style) Yoke and would like to use it with FlyII.Has PFC granted permission to discuss/distribute the dll?Regards,Bob Lyddy

Guest wrbrody

Chris,Thanks for responding. Sorry it has taken me so long to get back... I contacted pfc-controls and after getting bounced around thru several people I received the following message (from Jake Dole):"I just spoke to our senior tech... As for Fly 2 we do not have any drivers for that software because all we got was a Beta disk with alot of problems and no support so we removed our web site about them. I know this is not what you want to hear but its the best I can do."I interpret this as saying they are not interested in retaining any rights to the s/w though I recognize they didn't explicitly say that. If you are uncomfortable sharing the driver, I can go back again to them and try to get a more explicit release.Thanks,Bill

Chris,I've received a response from PFC (Kim Budak) giving permission to distribute the dll. I've forwarded Kim's email to you (accidently from my wife's email account).Regards,Bob Lyddy

Fellow Fly!ers,My Cirrus Yoke is working with FlyII. While waiting for PFC to grant Chris permission, which they have (I've sent the email to Chris) I connected my Logitech Extreme Joystick (USB) to the PC. I launched FlyII and in the controllers my Logitech Joystick AND PFC Cirrus Yoke are listed.I configured the Cirrus Yoke and all axis, slider and buttons are working. I've disconneted the Logitech joystick, BUT left the Logitech driver installed and the Cirrus Yoke still works.Bob