Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

KMSP (Minneapolis) Taxiways wont load?

Anyone else expirience this problem?I havent edited them... Theyre in the pod, tried it with them extracted as well. They just dont load (atleast if I teleport) to KMSP. I've no scenery in that area, so nothing should be conflicting as far as that goes.Help!Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Brad,I hadn't flown into MSP in Fly!II, so I didn't know about the taxiway issue before. I can verify that the taxiways won't load, either from the pod or extracted, so they apparently have some kind of fault.I did a search in the library for MSP scenery, as usually those who make airport scenery will also create taxiways, if necessary. I found that there is a Terramodels version of MSP by Don Bishop available for download here: http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=11714Also - he mentions that this scenery requires the file: msp_taxiways.zip, which is also in the file library.

Good to know its not just my setup.ThanksJust incase anyone else is reading this... here's the comment from the msp_taxiways.zip file. Appearantly its a database problem, not taxiway problem.This DEX file update corrects mislabled FAA code for Minneapolis-St.Paul International Airport, changing it from "KMS" to the correct "MSP." With this change the previously missing taxiways for MSP will become visable. (MR)

Aha! I had to do the same thing for OSU (Ohio State University - Don Scott Field). The airport was misnamed KOS and would not function properly for flight planning or communications.