Sign in to follow this  
Jetstar2

A Couple of Questions

Hi, I recently reinstalled Fly2 (had to reformat HD :( and have a couple of questions. 1) Is there any icing in Fly2 or any addon/hack/trick to get icing to work? I read an older post that mentioned changing the system.ini file and changing all icing settings to 1 and ignore icing settings to 0. I tried this but to no avail. I couldn't get the enableicing message to work either (tried 1-3 for settings). 2) I was curious if ground effect is simulated in Fly2. It seems the aircraft isn't affected by ground effect at all upon landing. If it is simulated, is there a special setting to use, etc? Robert Williamson

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Robert,1) Sorry - Icing was never operational in Fly!II, though it was obviously being set up for it. I enjoyed having to deal with it in Fly!/Fly!2K - just one of those things that TRI wasn't able to complete when the publisher shoved it out the door.2) Where do you have the following setting in the fly.ini file: ignoreSlopeWind=? When Slope Wind is on, ground effect is so pronounced that it can be almost impossible to land in some areas. I recommend turning it off (set it to "1") for a far more realistic landing.

>>> Hi, I recently reinstalled Fly2 (had to reformat HD :( and>have a couple of questions. >> 1) Is there any icing in Fly2 or any addon/hack/trick to get>icing to work? I read an older post that mentioned changing>the system.ini file and changing all icing settings to 1 and>ignore icing settings to 0. I tried this but to no avail. I>couldn't get the enableicing message to work either (tried 1-3>for settings).>> 2) I was curious if ground effect is simulated in Fly2. It>seems the aircraft isn't affected by ground effect at all upon>landing. If it is simulated, is there a special setting to>use, etc? >>> Robert WilliamsonHi,Have a look at this message :"G'day Jose,In the FlyII/systems folder is a file called Fly.iniOpen this file with notepad and make the following changes.iceEngine=1icePropellor=1iceWing=1icePitot=1Make sure that all the "ignore ice" entries lower down in the listare set to 0.ignoreEngineIce=0ignoreWingIce=0etcLastly there isenableIcingmessage=?not sure of the value here and haven't time to test! I'm just going out the door but it will be 1 , 2 or 3resave the Fly.ini and boot up Fly!II.That should get things working for youCheers,Roger @YSSY "I have not tested yet.Regards.Richard.

Ooops sorry, I just realize you tried that.Please, ignore my message. It's time to go to bed ;-)Regards.Richard.