Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Locking up on loading

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G'day Jeff,There are only a few files that are likely to give you grief like this. Without further detail I can only give very broad advice.Fly.ini -- check StartupOptions=0render.ini -- a faulty render.ini can cause a freeze. rename this file (as a precaution)and let Fly! II generate a new render.inidefault.key -- This file can give problems and may be deleted. Fly! will generate a new default.key on startup. You will however lose any personalised settings you have made.*.sit -- delete any *.sit files.*.hst -- delete all *.hst files.If none of the aboxe helps then tryAssuming its not a hardware problem then check1. That the video driver is ok2. Direct X is not corruptedSorry to be so vague but exactly how fat do you get before the freeze.Hope the above helps.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Jeff, if you did an fresh install, I hope you did not install the directx driver with it. Tell us what you've done with the computer recently. FLY2 should not lock up, unless your video card and/or directx drivers are incorrect. If your cpu is running hot, FLY2 will definitely lockup. tony

Hi Tony,No, I never install the old direct X driver, I have had direct X 9 is what have had installed before fly was even installed the first time ! And then It did not lock up,I installed everything from CD install with sound muted,Patches 152-210 Installed PMDG 777 installed, Patch 230 Installed PMDG 757, Installed last patch 240. in that orderChanged Fly.ini Searchpodfiles =0render.ini to maxTextures32_565=32Changed miplevelcount from 8 to 5vertexIndexFormat=1 changed to =0Deleted .HST.& SIT filesStill no go I even went to another hard drive and copied that installation which does work on that other hard drive on E:When I transfered by copying , BTW Doesnt matter becuase of there are no registry files, That when I came back on C: Drive It still no go, I even removed some of the new files I had installedThank you in advace of any more suggestions Jeffhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannernewja.jpghttp://jaakins.web.aplus.net/images/Image1.jpg

Did you try installing only the cd version? The cd version should load and work normally. I would not try any patches until you can get the "original" version up and running. From this point on, I would try one patch at a time. tony

I have had this problem before after downloading a file, scenery, etc.As a suggestion install Fly on a different drive. If the one that is crashing is on C, install to D. If it works on D, then you know that something you downloaded or a file is corrupt.