Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

CTD possible clue....

Most of my CTD occured when I had an application, like a text editor, running in the background. Whenever I'd change views, FLY2 would crash. Lately I've been testing the new SBox and kept getting Crashes. Like so many of us, I went crazy trying to figure out the cause. The latest is my having checked off( remove) the option to have the antialiasing as "application controlled". MY preliminary tests so far prove that FLY2 wont crash. Let's hope.....tony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G'day Tony,I occasionally get a CTD on startup or soon after when I start Fly! II after having used the Fly! II editor or having used 3dsMax. A reboot before starting Fly! II seems to fix my CTD problems. I also don't use "application controlled" for antialiasing. It's either OFF or 4X for me. I also don't use AI aircraft. I don't know if I'm missing out on anything but in the early days this would cause a crash with a "stack overflow" error, and I've just got used to lonely skies :-) Haven't really investigated if this still is the case. Following the above does enable me to have nice long enjoyable flights. Yesterday I flew NADI - SYDNEY ( approx. 2,700 Nm in just about 4.5 hours ) real time - no compression!! and no CTD's!!!Cheers,Roger @YSSY

In fact, once I removed the "application controlled" cross in the antialising option of my Nvidia antialiasing settings, I was able to run Mad Onion's 3DMark 2001 successfully. Before, it would not work--in fact, during its tests, the program would crash to the desktop, just like FLY2.tony