Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kurt

Driver warning..........56.64 and Win98 SE

G'day all,If you are using Win 98SE and have an Nvidia FX card then DON"T BE TEMPTED TO UPDATING TO THE 56.64 DRIVER.I don't know the exact cause but you will find that you will be unable to create a new folder in the FILE/NEW/FOLDER or SHORTCUT menu option. The option just won't be there any more.See my previous post "Win 98SE problems....help". This also happened to Lindy and posted in another forum.The cure was to reinstall windows 98SE again.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm running Win98se with an FX card and the 56.64 drivers and the new folder/shortcut etc. options work fine here. You may have overrode this option with one of the Nvidia options enabled, such as the Nvidia settings icon on the tasbar or maybe the NView desktop mgr. features.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/71799.jpgKurt M

G'day Kurt,You are the second person to say that they are using this driver with no problems so I guess the problem was at my instigation. BUT what that was I have absolutely no idea.I did have the Nvidia icon in the task bar - will that cause it?Nview manager was disabled so that wasn't the cause.Out of curiosity can you still get the "new - Folder/Shortcut" from the "File" menu in the top left hand corner of the main menu bar in windows explorer? Your pic shows it comming from right clicking on the desktop.So as it is known at this time I stand corrected until I can determine the cause of my and Lindy's loss of of this menu feature.I don't suppose there's any chance of seeing if you can replicate the bug? I don't really feel like reinstalling the 56.64 drivers just to find out what I did as I was not very happy with the loss of Fly!2k and the landing lights.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

I do get the new options from the file menu also. I'll see if I can replicate it on my system and will post if I can narrow it down to a certain setting.Kurt M