Sign in to follow this  
Guest crazyoldcoot

Fly2K setup question (HELP!!)

Hello Fly!ers.....I haven't posted on this forum for ages, but I hope someone around here can help me with this.I recently bought a new computer, and set it up as a dual boot system. On the XP side, I loaded Fly II. On the Win98SE side, I loaded up my old Fly2K, because I had TONS of custom TS scenery for my area that I just never had time to duplicate in FlyII.The problem? I can't get Fly2K to recognize the new VCF file I created for this video card. (GF FX-5200) It will not show up in the window for allowable video choices. I made an attempt to edit the Fly.ini file with the VCF name and DLL, but that didn't help.What am I forgetting???? It works in DX6 mode, but that's as good as I can get right now.Thanks in advance!"crazyoldcoot"Ron A

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

G'day Ron,As one crazy old coot to another :-) I still occasionally fire up Fly!2k for using the Wilco 737 ( still the best visual panel dispite all the ravings about later reincarnations IMHO). I'm running win 98SE and using the 45.23 driver. Using this setup I also use the "DX6 compatible ( AGP )" scf file with excellent results.< as good as I get right now. > I don't feel as though I'm missing anything.? :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi, Roger. Thanks for the reply.I agree - the sim is certainly enjoyable as it is (I have the vid card set for 4X AA). It just drives me mad that I can't figure out how to use a custom VCF file. Never satisfied, I guess!Regards,Ron A

Roger (and anyone else interested).....Progress!! I had to update the chipset drivers on the motherboard! Windows now sees my 8X AGP card; and Fly! offers me the choice of DX6-AGP video.Now I go back and try the custom VCF file again. Fly!2K lives!Ron A