Sign in to follow this  

Memorial Day here...."Let's remember......"

Please take time to remember the meaning of Memorial Day here in the United States. Today I think about the Uncle who died in France during WWII (I was named after him!). I also think of my other Uncle who died storming the beach in Normandy. I think of all the others who died and fought to make me free to speak as I do today.My thoughts also go to New York on September 11. Every time I think of it, I still feel the knot in my stomach almost as painfully as when I first heard about it that Tuesday morning. I enjoy talking to all of you on this forum, and during the hours of pleasure afforded me by this hobby, I feel it's important to just stop, and think, and NEVER, NEVER FORGET! Stan

Many of us appreciate your kind thoughts. Please understand that many do even if few respond. All of us appreciate your kind words. Hope you got to see the Memorial Day concert last night on Public TV.

Many veterans do not like to trumpet their experiences, believing that they were doing their jobs and nothing more. But we do thank those who take the time to remember.Bob1st Air Cavalry Division, Viet Nam, 1965-66