Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Altitude pre-select Question

Hi Everyone,I been looking at some Pics of GLARE panels and can't see any button or switch dedicated to Altitude pre-select.Do you happen to know how a pilot selects an Altitude pre-select setting. An explanation would be a big help!.Thanks for your time guysRegardsJohn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

John,The knob that allows you to change the desired altitude also enables the alt select. In fact, if you click on the knob, you will see the text or the light(or wherever it may be located) on the pfd guage.If this is not clear to you, I will try to find an aircraft and upload some jpgs for a better view.tony

Hi Tony,....how ya do'in!!I was beginning to think it may possibly be the ALT Knob. Once the altitude has been dialed in............ do you happen to know whether the ALT Knob is Pushed in or Pulled out in order to activate the ALT pre-select function.RegardsJohn

Good question, John. I don't know becasue I never thought about it. If I get a chance, I'll see if I can find out. Currently, I am in the epicenter of aircraft modeling, and it's like a trip to Dante's hell with no Virgil to guide me. It's addictive, but terribly slow to figure it out. tony

Hi Tony,Yep!..... I know how that goes, It took me a while to learn Cinema 4DXL, but like everything else its gets easier the more you use it.If your just starting out, my advice would be don't play around doing your own modelling too much, the quickest way to learn is to follow a few Project tutorials first.Thanks for your help matecheers John