Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikehaska

difference between a B777-300 and a B777-31H?

and whats the difference between a B777-21H and a B777-200. I dunno but from airliners.net pics it looks to me that the B777-31H is longer than the B777-300. Am i right?Would be grateful for some helpEK041

The last two digits of the model such as 1H is a Boeing customer number. This is assigned at time of order and stays with the aircraft for the remainder of its life. Some customer numbers:Boeing 20Pan Am 21 (original)Varig 41A particular customer will opt for a specific type of engines, instruments, and cabin layout...fuel tanks and thus range will also be part a particular customer's request.The -200 and -300 designator is a generic designation for a particular model, with the 1H being a specific.Hope that this answers your question.Jay

Guest mikehaska

Generally speaking, when identifying aircraft model types, there are four ways:1. Base model (777)2. Model and Variant (777-200)3. Shortened model and variant (773)4. Model, Variant and Customer Code (747-123)In customer code, the last two digits are a customer identifier, and vary accordingly. In your case, the 31H would imply that your aircraft is a 777-300, with a 1H customer code.Unfortunatly, the 300 variant of the 777 does not exist. Do you have photos/links?

Guest mikehaska

Darn you, Jay! Why aren't you at work, either? ;-)and why is this appearing before my original post? Spoooky!

Mike,Not sure why you stated that the 777-300 doesn't exist. The 300 has been in service for quite some time...it even has cameras to help taxi due to the fact that it is so looooooong. Check it out! By the way...didn't mean to upset you over the first post!Later,Jay

Guest mikehaska

Now where did I put my brain? (-: Of course, Jay is right, there is a 300 series, and it is alive and well in the far east and Asia. For some reason, I was stuck in the 60's and 70's, when Boeing still made the 100 series, and forgot to count up to three when it came to the 777.BTW, no offense intended in my post- I was just kidding that we both answered the question so quickly when we (or at least I) should be working! :-lol