Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Fly!II game controllers.

Is there anyway to have Fly!II remember your controller assignments (both keys and axis's). I use the Flight Sim Yoke USB 90% of the time, but I also have a MS FFB2 joystick that I like to use with other sims as well. I'll have my yoke all set up in Fly!II, unplug it, plug in the joystick, fly around in FS9/FU3 for a while, go back to Fly!II, plug the yoke back in and I have to reprogram everything again. Is there a file or something that I can save that will remember my controller assignments?Another question, is there a particular setting in my render.ini that would work any better then the default for my particular vid card?I have a GeForce 4 Ti4600 128 meg card.I'm not really having any problems with anything, but was wondering if there was something I could change to make it look a little better/sharper?Dondo

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dondo,I'll let someone else respond about the video card settings but as far as the controls is concerned, there's a file called control.txt in your Fly! II root folder. Just make a copy of it somewhere else and then jusy overwrite it with that copy. You may even want to create a separate control.txt file for your FFB joystick which, by the way, I think it's also supported by Fly! II and works much better with helos than the yoke ;-)Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Thanks -- that is exactly what I was looking for with the controller problem. Suppose I coulda' just looking myself though.. :-)ThanksDondo

Guest dajackman

You could create two batch files to copy the control file you want to use over then start fly, then create two short cuts to your batch files on your desktop for easy "clickin"