Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Trouble tuning Senaca radios

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarI finally got the Seneca going but I can't tune the NAV or COM radios. When I put my cursor over the digits nothing happens. I tried tuning with the knob. The outer ring and the inner ring both control fractional digits. Left click reduces fractional digits and right increases them. (NOT what the manual 4 that radio said!) I tried the "tune radios" option under "aircraft" to no effect. Finally I was able to tune NAV 1 by using the "tune" feature under "directory, details.' I installed the TBM 700 the same day and those radios are fine. The ADF and the transponder started working in the Seneca after I refreshed all the folders. Incidentally when I move the mouse over the instruments no popup values except 4 altimeter setting. Any advice?P.S. I ABSOLUTELY luv this plane!!! At first I couldn't figure out why my alternators and vacuum pumps were inop. When I throttled up the indicator lights went out. LUV the realism. Already after 1 day this is fast becoming my fave plane 4 regional IFR.P.P.S. Engine Start buttons inop 4 me after 1st use. NOT voltage related. Switching 2 navaho & back fixes 4 1 more use.Emachines Pentium 3192 MB RAM64 MB video RAMRage fury Pro553 megahertz processor speed

The Seneca uses a new radio gauge set written for it. You do have to use the tuning knobs but the area for tuning the upper set of digits is above the smaller inner knob. If you try using the mouse to the sides of the inner knob you will still get the fractional sets of digits. The TBM700 uses the default FlyII radios. Glad you are enjoying the Seneca, this was just too good a simulation for it to die or be forgotten :).Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Shalomar

>The Seneca uses a new radio gauge set written for it. You do>have to use the tuning knobs but the area for tuning the upper>set of digits is above the smaller inner knob. If you try>using the mouse to the sides of the inner knob you will still>get the fractional sets of digits. The TBM700 uses the>default FlyII radios. Glad you are enjoying the Seneca, this>was just too good a simulation for it to die or be forgotten>:).>>ZaneDonny AKA ShalomarThanx a bunch. I'm away from the computer I fly on 4 a few days but I'll give it a try. I've lost count of how many times I've reloaded FLY 2 after a persistet CTD or Winrun.cpp error but I still love it. Kinda like that little red Italian sports car that's always in the shop. In a fit of frustration I bought FS9 a few months ago but now FLY 2 seems 2 be running better than ever after a reload following driver tweaking. I can't wait to try your Seneca advice.