Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Remaining FLY 2 bugs

Donny AKA ShalomarIn every real plane I have been in the gyros spin up as soon as the master switch is turned on. ELECTROmechanical gyros is what they are called. In Fly 2 the gyros don't come on till engine start. Even worse, when you lose the port engine in the Navaho or B200 you lose the gyro and HSI 4 the captain, and vice versa 4 starboard. They should keep running with or without electricity on vacuum provided by the operating engine. "Use Alternate air" never works on any FLY plane. The Seneca has all gyros running off the port engine, at least in the Navaho & B200 U can scroll 2 the copilot side if U lose port engine. The TBM has separate gyro switches that work properly so you won't lose instuments with the engine but if U lose an engine in the TBM U won't be flying IFR for very long!!!The Cessna is the only piston plane U can do a proper runup in, in every other plane engines die if one mag is shut off.The Pilutus condition lever won't shut down the engine, sometimes the RPM can't B set and the only fix is 2 switch 2 the B200 and back.In a fit of frustration I purchsed FS9 a few months ago. If you select previous flight as your default flight it works like "Persistent World". Microsoft has com a long way but it's nowhere near FLY 2. But FLY reminds me of that little red Italian sports car U love at first sight and always- as long as it is running right!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Donny,Maybe we should start an acnhored thread of all the remaining bugs, like the ones you just mentioned. The Pilatus has several bugs, some very serious ones that need to be addressed. I've got the manual and I plan to fix things such as the entire starting logic, fuel inbalance, etc.If you could compile a list of all the problems you've been experiencing by aircraft, that would be of great help because then we can start crossing the ones fixed. Believe me, some fixes are extremely easy, it might just be a matter of changing a value.Would you like to lead this long-term project? I'm willing to help...Regards,http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/banneraa.jpg

Donny AKA ShalomarI don't know about leading but I will gladly contribute. (I'm very good at complaining!) I don't know what an anchored thread is or how to start one. I can think of several more bugs off the top of my head but not all are aircraft-specific. I'll get to work on a longer list this weekend. The Pilatus is the aircraft I think I would most like to own in real life. The main reason most of these bugs are noticeable is the attention to detail in FLY 2. If the producers hadn't rushed TRI or Richard Harvey had spent mopre time with us who knows how great FLY would be now. At least there is hope for further improvement and thank you for continuing to work on FLY 2 :-)

G'day Donny,>The Cessna is the only piston plane U can do a proper runup>in, in every other plane engines die if one mag is shut off.>This might be an operating system idiosynchrosy!I'm fully patched, using win 98 SE, and the ONLY aircraft where the engine would die if one magneto is shut off is the Seneca.The magneto switches work correctly for me on -Cessna'sStearmansBeech D-17 StaggerwingsLong EzCordouanP-51 MustangPiper P-28-161 CherokeeI did a mag drop check on the Cherokee @ 1800 rpm and got approx. 75 rpm drop. Alls not completely roses however as the magneto switches on the Malibu/Sahara Navajo/Kodiak have absolutely no effect whatsoever. ON or OFF the engines just continue to purr. :-)> But FLY reminds me of that little red>Italian sports car U love at first sight and always- as long>as it is running right!!!> I'd love a Dino or Lamborghini (any colour. any condition) :-lolCheers,Roger