Sign in to follow this  
Guest born2fly

Fly!II database editor

Guest born2fly

I am a first time user running fly!II version 2.5.240 and i am trying to install a file vicrwy_1.dex which realigns the runways in Victoria, Australia and it says i need to unpack the runway.epd first with the latest database editor. My current editor is not the latest one. Where can i get a copy of the latest editor and a set of detailed instructions on how to use it. my current editor when i press 2 only comes up with a directory list but won't let me do anything else.

Hello "Born" - what is your name?First of all, there is no need to unpack the runway pod if the creator of the update has made a DEX file. A dex file can be applied directly to the pod with the appropriate database import program. You say the creator mentions an EPD? An .EPD is the DB pod form for Fly!1 The DB pods for Fly!II are now in the form: .POD.If you were using Fly!1 and a DEX file had been made for it, you would use the DBImport tool to import the DEX and reassemble the pod (EPD) file.For Fly!II, you need to download Frank Racis DexImport 1.2 program which accomplishes the same thing for Fly!II. DEX files created for Fly!1 can be imported into Fly!II, but you need to know which version of Fly! the DEX was made for so that you can set the proper parameters in DexImport.If the DEX was made for Fly!II, you would simply place the file in the Fly!II root directory, start DexImport, select the file and perform the import. The program automatically determine which Fly! pod files are affected, automatically extracts those files, applies the database changes, rebuilds the database indexes, and recreates the appropriate pod files, all within a few seconds. If the DEX was made for Fly!1, you need to turn on the Update DEX size and Match Runway by Airport options in DexImport before initiating the import.

Randall Rocke

Guest born2fly

I will give it a try.Thanks Allen

Guest born2fly

Randall Thanks for your assistane everthing is now working fine and the file installed as you said. Thanks again Allen

Allen,That's good news. Were these corrections part of a set that you found here on Avsim, or were they obtained elsewhere?

Randall Rocke