Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

ROTW_350 GPS Coming Very Soon ...

Guest laurentC

Hi there,Well, it's just a kind of generic GPS (sort of ROTW_230 if you ever tried it) but not a real one ... nevertheless we installed many real GPS features in it as a moving map, a direct to, a direct to waypoints, a compass page, an engine page informations, the radio tuning etc ...The french version is ready to go and it will be avalaible next week in SIMVOL site (I hope)... I'm finishing the english version that will be avalaible some days later here at AVSIM.The GPS is provided with two gauges that can be installed (easily enough) in any airplane cockpit. The first release version will be with the Malibu ...TJ, the ROTW group and I, we hope you enjoy it ...Cheers,laurentC and TJ http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/106778.gif

G'day Laurent,I might just have a panel for this. :-)It'll be a tight fit. Can the two displays be set side by side? or must they be set vertically?Thanks to all concerned who helped produce this for us.Cheers,Roger

Guest Skyhawk99J

These look fantastic. Has anyone ever given thought to a GPS display that can show approaches? This is probably very difficult, but I wonder if there have been any thoughts out there.

Guest laurentC

Hi all,I think the difficulty of an approach GPS display (or even a window) is to have and maintain a good database ... having this database the rest would be a piece of cake ...With this GPS (let continue to call the ROTW_350 "kinda") you can display WPT that are not in the TRI database, taking a navaid and giving a distance + bearing. This feature is useful while going across a controlled space you need to follow fixed points given by the tower or printed in charts.Cheers,laurentC

Guest dajackman

This would be a great upgrade to the Seneca V!!!!

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Any fixes for OBS, ALT functions? TRI version don't work,:-wave

Guest laurentC

Sorry Donny, it wasn't in the development plan at that time (almost one year ago ...)Cheers,laurentC