Sign in to follow this  
Guest paradoxbox

VOR, OBS, and ADF knobs- a question

Hello, would it be possible to increase the speed at which the knobs spin within the sim? I find that at the moment it takes a very long time to make a 180 degree change on any of the radio navigation instruments. I really like the speed that PMDG put into the 777's selectors. Is there a way to do this without a DLL? Maybe a simple PNL file hack or something is possible?ThanksCory Burke

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Developers are ya out there? I'm sure some of the ROTW group or maybe TonyC or John Wimbush have some input on this?

Cory. It'a good question, but I don't know . tony

G'day Cory,To be truthful I don't quite understand what the problem is. I checked and found that the OBS and heading bug can rotate 360 degrees in 6 secs. It takes a while to get up to speed ( necessary to avoid hunting )but just hold the mouse key and don't let go and it quickly gets a move on. Thats a lot faster than the aircraft can be manoeuvred. I must be missing something? ( no smart answers :-lol )Whilst I'm posting, could you please tell me what format Fly! II requires for sound files, and may they be anologue or digital.? I'm thinking of purchasing a small portable sound recorder and don't know whether to for tape or digital?Cheers,Roger

Good question, Roger. I don't think it makes a difference so long as the file can become a *.wav file. this is strictly a guess, though.tony

Hi, as long as you convert the file to 22050, 16bit MONO WAV before you send it into Fly!II, it'll work. But the higher quality you originally record it at the better. So unless memory in your recorder is a problem I suggest recording at 44010, and just convert it once it's on your PC.As far as the knobs- yeah 6 seconds seems like a lot to me. Mainly it's the 'spool up' time. When I'm trying to set up an approach or my cockpit is getting very busy, the 6 seconds or so it takes to do a large deflection feels like a lot longer. But no worries, it's not really a problem- just something I noticed when I'm getting stressed from cockpit workload ;)Cory