Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

C4TO.......need help.. please

G'day all,Ok all I have done is downloaded C4TO-base.zip and extracted the zip (with maintain folders checked) to the Fly! II root directory.I read the readme for C4TO vers 3.0 ( nothing in it about installation or setup, just authors )I read (and printed out )another readme file (but for C4TOV2.zip)which has heaps of info about installation and use of C4TO so I followed that file.I select aircraft, set time, make flight plan and select Alt F-12However it just doesn't seem to work. If I select options/sound and uncheck the ATC I get no voices.Alt AAlt C Alt Rdon't apear to have any effect.At one stage (at KSFO) I did contact (oakland??) but for taxi clearance was cleared to taxi to runway 33 ( a non existant runway).My knowledge of radio communications is lamentably pathetic and I'm in such a mess that I'm totally and utterly lost.1. what prerequisites are there for C4TO ? (if any.)2. Are there any known files that might conflict with C4TO. ?3. When I select Alt F12 should I get any indication that C4TO is working? (at present Alt f12 does nothing on screen) 4. In Fly.ini should UseAtcSounds= zero or one ??( I've tried both but doesn't appear to make any difference )5, Do the white arrows on the taxiway display when using C4TO ?Thanks for the help. I'm going mad. I now remember why I have been flying quietly for the last 5 years. :-) All my GA experience (as passenger) was done in pre radio times when the tower used a light gun to signal to the aircraft. :-lolCheers all,Roger

Guest Richard Portier

Roger,It's just my opinion but forget C4TO 3 (dll's version). At this time it's not finished.Just download C4TO version 2 (original script version), it works like a charm. I recommend you to use Cabincall 3.0 with it, it's optimized to work with C4TO 2.0. If you do that don't forget to erase the DLL's version.Your question :4/ UseAtcSounds= zero5/ The answer is no, you must taxi with the help of the vectoring map.Hope this help.Regards.Richard.

G'day Richard,Thanks heaps for helping. For a brief while I thought the version 2 had been removed from the Library but a little bit of delving found it in the "miscellaneous" folder. I'm downloading it as I type. It will take a couple of hours but I'm getting desperate to try out C4TO so I don't mind.Yeah. I'll remove all the files I've already loaded whilst I'm waiting.I'm going to miss those white guidance arrows as they were quite easy to to follow. :-)Thanks for your reply.Cheers,Roger

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!To initialise a c4TO plan, the combination for the DLL version is Alt-F. you then are prompted, "do you want to file your IFR flight plan?"Those arrows were a big thing to give up for me too. If you pull up the vector map, deselect "show icons" and have "show names" selected, you can zoom in to see the taxiways at the airport and runway IDs. Helps a lot with getting TO the runway, but it would be a lot better for parking if the tarmac areas would show too instead of just taxiways.I often make a flight, clear the planner then decide where to go next. Since I can't end an ATC session now I have to exit the sim. Once I tried to file a new IFR flight plan and my puter made like a banana daquiri. Yes, fully patched DLL version.Also, with the same METAR, when going from KABE to KWWD I was correctly cleared to take off runway 6 and land runway 19. But on the return trip I heard, "Expect visual aproach runway 24, wind 060 at twelve knots". I was feeling frisky so I went for it, but it was an interesting flare. Did touch down smoothly in the Seneca, after using gobbs of runway. Before Infometar I never got a bad runway assignment.BTW, I remember reading a readme years ago that said the only function of the ctrl-E key was to allow vectors to a runway or airport unsuitable for type. I was scared off from installing at the time by Flyscripts instalation, but the ROTW did it for me with the DVD.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest Shalomar

Sorry Roger, it's Alt-E. All key commands combine with alt. My mistake. Alt-F was in one of the readmes, maybe for one of the patches but I can't remember where I saw it. Just make sure your flight plan has at least three waypoints, you can even do it in the nav log. Click details for the SECOND waypoint, type the altitude you want to cruise at then enter. After a possible initial hold altitude, you will be cleared to whatever altitude is entered at your second waypoint. You will automatically be cleared to descend a certain distance from your destination. The default setting, which can be adjusted, is 3.6 which means that ATC assumes you will travel 3.6 NM for each 1,000 feet of altitude loss. There are several more settings, like intercept distance for ILS aproach. (default 15, I reset to 10 NM.) These are added to your FLY.ini upon installation.A few operating tips: When departing from an uncontrolled airport, there is usually a delay of a few minutes after you switch from Unicom to center freq before you can check in. Usually when you first hear chatter, then center will hear you. You can Alt-R during chatter, your response will be sent when it ends. If an airport has ground control, of course you have to press Alt-C to check in, not Alt-1 for "Taxiing to the active". Also, in the Seneca, if you manually tune your radios, I found I had to "Roger" the frequency change BEFORE tuning the freq on the standby side. Otherwise I had trouble with "wrong frequency" messages after I swapped, and sometime a few messages would back up when transiting between centers. Maybe it works better on the default radio setup, (Seneca has custom radios). But in any case, ALT-A for autotune always works, even for the Seneca. You must "Roger" first though.Best Regards, Donny:-wave