Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Staggerwing manual

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!I finally got around to trying out the Staggerwing, which I got from the DVD. I love the way it flies and sounds (up elevator required during initial parts of takeoff and end of rollout esp. below 40 kts to avoid ground looping). But I couldn't find the manual, and all the manuals on the DVD that were included except the Dauphin were in French. I was looking around FLY.simvol for a manual, but it seems like it isn't separate from the plane.My problem is I can't keep the engine running. I suspect the problem has to do with the fuel tank selectors, but I can't find them anywhere. I've panned all over the aircraft, does anyone know where they are? Better yet, is there an english manual for download?Often, after the engine dies it will start again after a while and run some more. I have been trying carb heat and switching off the fuel pump in case I was flooding the engine, but no dice.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Donny,The fuel selector is in the 3/4 right view (lower) - there are 3 fuel tanks, so the selector has 4 positions: Off, Main, Lower, Upper.I obtained the aircraft by downloading it from Avsim - the manual was included (6-page Word doc). If you would like this document, I could certainly send it as an attachment via e-mail.Send me youe e-mail address, and I'll send the file. I am at: capvideo@columbus.rr.com.

Thanx. I was sure I panned in all possible directions in all views, but I guess I didn't. Will take you up on your kind offer, email on way.Best Regards, Donny:-wave