Sign in to follow this  
Guest Micropilot

Fly! II AI/ATC

Guest Micropilot

Hi Flyers,I am considering to try out Fly! II on Mac since I am looking for a flightsim not too hungry for Vram and ghz.Important is to me how good ATC is implemented in Fly! II to use it also as an ATC-Training before going on Vatsim with maybe X-Plane or in those times when there is no much coverage on the networks.X-Plane is lacking of good ATC-implementaion.Flight Unlimited is not for Apple.So, is Fly! II a good deal?Thanks

G'day Micropilot,Sorry, I don't know anything about Macs.Mate you should repost this in the Fly! Mac forum where I'm sure you will get a much more comprehensive reply.Fly! II is a great sim, For online flying I would suggest the use of a program called "Squawkbox" ( in Avsim library). Fly! II is only going to cost you a couple of MacDonalds hamburgers so why not buy it and try it and see for yourself if it suits your needs. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Cheers,Roger

Guest Micropilot

Thanks Roger for your reply.I posted here cauz in the Mac-Fly-section seems to be not much traffic.Also I thought Fly II is the same on both platforms according to a post of the developers here in avsim.The problem with the Mac version: hard to get. I could get my hands on a boxed copy for 20 bucks; I am sure Fly II is great but I really wanna make sure what to expect from the build in ATC. Is it somehow realistic? How complex is it?Esp. in times when there is hardly any coverage in Vatsim it is nice to have a sim supporting crowded skies...Thanks

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The bad news is the default ATC didn't mature before it was pushed out the door. The good news is there are several third party addon ATCs, I use C4TO and like it a lot. It was designed by a real world Air traffic controller, though it isn't quite as realistic as he wanted it to be, in some ways, especially approach vector logic, I like it more than FS9 ATC. Also you can customise the descent path you want to follow, to adjust how far you start letdown for your altitude from the airport. There is chatter, but it is canned, and not region-specific. You have the option to turn them off, but you ocasionally get vectors around traffic. You can choose your altitude, east/west odd evens apply and you can request higher/lower in 2,000 foot increments. Runways are assigned based on wind, but as of yet you can't request a different one or be vectored to an airport in an emergency divert.There is another ATC project by ROTW that I haven't tried yet.Traffic will probably be too much for you if resources are a problem, but there are PLENTY of static models you can install and there is a very user-friendly scenery editor.The biggest difference between mac/PC versions is if you have a 1-button mouse. Also, some addon aircraft that use .DLLs have not yet been released for Mac use- but the ATR 42-500 and Seneca, two of the best, are!Any more questions, we'll be here.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Guest dajackman

I would like more info on the ROTW ATC project if anyone has used it....I didn't know they were working on an ATC project.