Sign in to follow this  
Guest laurentC

Dauphin V2.0

Hi there all,The Dauphin is in the avsim library ...We postponed this release for a long time, hoping to complete a decent manual for the autopilot system ... unfortunally, due to our present commitments and new developments, it turns to be quite difficult to prepare one for a while.I prepared a sort of quick instruction anyway, but if you want to know what's actually going on, I strongly recommand to find a real manual and read all the details in there. Sorry !Then, it turns out that the autopilot is fully functional and has been deeply tested, but its usage isn't that obvious for non used people. Sorry again.One of the frequent problems one can experiment is that some coupler features are enabled only above a precise air speed (I put those speed in the doc) ...A second rather obvious problem can be the version of some dlls : please double check them before any question. I do my best to put versions numbers to avoid problems. If you have an older version of a dll you can remove the oldest and keep the newest.Anyway I hope you'll enjoy it and spend a lot of hours experimenting this new features I really appreciate while coding the dlls.laurentC (rotw) in behalf of Fly! II Freeware Design groupF2FDesign group

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi LaurentMany,many thanks for this one.I know you have spent a lot of time on this project.Let's hope people can learn it,and appreciate it.The first ever autopilot for a FlyII helicopter.Made from scratch with the help of the original technical/user manual.A great achivement.A thousand thank,once again :)Take care.Janhttp://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/dfdg/bannerjh.jpg

G'day Laurent,Incredible stuff. Thanks for all the effort and hard work you have put into this project. Cheers,Roger

Great news!! I was hoping that the autopilot would be completed one day. :-) I downloaded V2 yesterday, and am looking forward to flying it! Thanks for your continuing dedication to this project. The Fly2 Dauphin is the best there is. I'm happy that I was able to help out with the initial beta testing..Regards,Wayne SmithExecutive DirectorMetro One / NMH01Metro Helicopters VAwww.metrohelo.org